2022-12-14: How Can Matter Be BOTH Liquid AND Gas?
- 01:29: The relationship between temperature, pressure, and phase is mapped on a phase diagram.
- 02:55: And beyond it is an entirely new state of matter - the here-be-dragons of the phase diagram.
- 05:48: We know what we need to know, to take a journey to that strange new land of the phase diagram.
- 06:36: ... sublimation causes pressure to rise, taking us into the realm of the phase diagram where liquid CO2 is ...
- 07:27: ... has no effect because liquids are incompressible, but look at the phase diagram: At higher pressures the boiling point of CO2 increases, which means all ...
- 08:01: But we’re approaching our strange new region of the phase diagram, where the rules are going to change Let's talk about density for a moment.
2022-07-27: How Many States Of Matter Are There?
- 02:48: We call this a phase diagram.
- 03:12: The two numbers related on the phase diagram - temperature and pressure - are statistical properties of a large collection of particles.
- 07:09: To fully convince you that quark matter has its own states of matter, behold its phase diagram.
2017-03-15: Time Crystals!
- 05:35: Yao et al.'s work was theoretical, but it involved numerical calculations that allowed them to draw a phase diagram.
- 05:43: This is sort of like the phase diagram of regular matter in which you plot pressure versus temperature.
- 05:48: Different materials become solid, liquid, gas, or plasma at different locations on that phase diagram.
- 05:54: The analogous phase diagram for time crystals plots interaction strength between atoms versus imperfection in the spin-flip driving signal.
- 07:36: ... both fit the predicted phase diagram, their time asymmetry melting when subjected to too much perturbation or ...
3 result(s) shown.